Wed, Jul 31|
Embracing the Gifts of Imperfection: A Transformational Training for Educators - Held Virtually
Go to learn about how to bring this to the classroom and leave with some great tools for yourself.
Time & Location
Jul 31, 2024, 8:00 AM – Aug 04, 2024, 6:00 PM
About the Event
Embracing the Gifts of Imperfection:
A Transformational Training for Educators
A FOUR (4) DAY TWO (2) CREDIT VIRTUAL WORKSHOP FROM 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM:
July 31, 2024
August 2, 2024
August 3, 2024
August 4, 2024
$100 Support Staff - Non-Licensed
$130 NASA Members
$160 Non-NASA Members
Marriage & Family Therapist #01228
Chief Inspirational Officer
Kimberly Malloy is a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator, which is the work based in the research of Dr. Brene Brown. This course will be taking some of the guideposts from her book, The Gifts of Imperfection as well as incorporating some psychoeducational tools Kimberly uses in her therapy practice. It will have all the benefits of group therapy without the financial cost or deep vulnerability but with lots of humor and practical tools!
Although this class is geared towards your classroom, these principles are just as applicable in our personal lives. Go to learn about how to bring this to the classroom and leave with some great tools for yourself.
Welcome to a four-day immersive workshop experience inspired by the renowned book "The Gifts of Imperfection" by Dr. Brené Brown. Designed exclusively for educators, this transformative program aims to empower you with the tools, insights, and strategies needed to create an authentic and nurturing learning environment while fostering personal growth and resilience.
Day 1: Cultivating Wholeheartedness in Education
- Understanding the concept of wholehearted living and its relevance in the context of education
- Exploring the power of vulnerability and courage in building strong connections with students, colleagues, and parents
- Unpacking shame and perfectionism to create a compassionate classroom culture
- Strategies for developing self-compassion and empathy for oneself and others
Day 2: Embracing Authenticity and Courageous Teaching
- Discovering your authentic teaching style and embracing vulnerability in the classroom
- Overcoming fear of failure and fostering a growth mindset among students
- Cultivating practices for setting boundaries and saying no in order to prioritize self-care
- Harnessing the power of creativity and innovation to enhance teaching practices
Day 3: Building Resilience and Cultivating Wholehearted Students
- Nurturing resilience in students to navigate challenges and setbacks
- Encouraging self-compassion and embracing failure as a necessary part of growth
- Strategies for fostering a culture of gratitude, joy, and mindfulness in the classroom
- Recognizing and addressing shame triggers and creating a safe space for students to share their experiences
Day 4: Applying the Gifts of Imperfection to School-wide Transformation
- Building a community of educators committed to wholeheartedness and vulnerability
- Collaborative problem-solving techniques to address challenges within the educational system
- Incorporating the Gifts of Imperfection principles into strategic planning, curriculum design, and student support systems
- Creating action plans to implement and sustain transformational practices in your school or district
- Engaging presentations by experienced educators and certified Brené Brown facilitators
- Interactive group discussions, sharing circles, and reflection exercises
- Case studies and real-life examples showcasing the application of principles in educational settings
- Practical tools, resources, and handouts to support implementation of learned strategies
- Networking opportunities with like-minded educators passionate about creating nurturing learning environments
- Ongoing post-training support, including access to an online community and regular check-ins
Benefits for Educators:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the importance of wholeheartedness in education for children
- Enhance your ability to build meaningful connections with students, colleagues, and parents
- Develop strategies to overcome shame, perfectionism, and fear of failure
- Foster a culture of vulnerability, empathy, and resilience in your classroom
- Empower students to embrace imperfections, cultivate self-compassion, and navigate challenges
- Gain practical tools and resources to transform your teaching practices and school culture
- Join a community of like-minded educators committed to creating positive change in education
The journey towards wholeheartedness in education is ongoing for every educator who works with students. Regular self-reflection, continuous learning, and a commitment to fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment will contribute to transformative changes in your teaching practices and school culture. By prioritizing building relationships with students, colleagues, and parents based on trust, empathy, and authenticity as well as engaging in active listening to understand the perspectives and needs of others, all education professionals can foster a sense of connection. All educators work to create a safe space for students to share their thoughts and feelings without judgment, both growth mindsets and student achievement. We will connect with like-minded educators through this workshop, and collaborate with colleagues to share insights, strategies, and success stories. Closing the achievement gap requires a sustained and collaborative effort from all stakeholders involved in education. It's essential to address both academic and non-academic factors, considering the unique needs of each student and fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
ALL are welcome, including anyone in a non-administrative position!
Participants will earn 2 creditS (30 hours) toward license renewal.
This workshop ALSO counts for step advancement in most Nevada School Districts, INCLUDING Washoe and Clark!
In CCSD, those in non-administrative licensed positions may count this workshop for license renewal AND ALSO 10 CUs - THOSE IN NON-ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS EARN BOTH!
(unlimited CUs in this category for those in non-administrative positions)
In CCSD, administrators and professional-technical administrators may count this workshop for license renewal OR hour 20 hours toward step-advancement - not both for administrators.
(maximum of 30 hours per year for administrators in this category)!
Washoe County participants will be required to also register for this course in "MyPGS" in order to receive in-service credit toward salary advancement.
- Ticket type
+$3.25 service fee+$3.25 service fee
- Ticket type
+$4.00 service fee+$4.00 service fee
- Ticket type
Support Staff - Non-Licensed
This ticket price is for support staff professionals only - that is non-licensed personnel like teacher aides, and non-licensed employees in educational support roles. Employment status will be verified after purchase.Price$100.00
+$2.50 service fee+$2.50 service fee