Wed, Apr 06|
"Data-Driven Instruction: Using Assessment to Improve Student Outcomes"
Participants will learn what data can be regularly collected inside and outside of the classroom, and how the information gleaned from an analysis of that data can be successfully used to increase positive outcomes for students.
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2022, 4:00 PM – Apr 20, 2022, 6:30 PM
About the Event
ALL are welcome, including anyone in a non-administrative position!
NASA IS NOT A UNION. NASA is Nevada's PreK-12 Professional Development Organization for ALL Nevada Educators!
- EARN .5 CREDIT (THAT'S 7.5 HOURS TOWARD LICENSE RENEWAL
- In CCSD, those in non-administrative licensed positions may count this workshop for license renewal AND ALSO 2.5 CUs - THOSE IN NON-ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS EARN BOTH (unlimited CUs in this category for those in non-administrative positions)!
- In CCSD, administrators and professional-technical administrators may count this workshop for license renewal OR 2.5 hours toward step-advancement - not both for administrators (maximum of 30 hours per advancement cycle for administrators in this category)!
ONE VIRTUAL WORKSHOP OVER 3 MEETING DATES:
Wednesday, April 6: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday April 13: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday April 20: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM
With increasing accountability, using data to inform instructional practices is more important than ever. Most educators, however, did not enter the profession because they wanted to be statisticians or number crunchers. The data collection and analysis process can be daunting, particularly when it comes from the top down. It is critical to involve administrators, teachers, and students in the process of determining what data can be regularly collected inside and outside of the classroom, and how the information gleaned from an analysis of that data can be successfully used to increase positive outcomes for students, teachers, and schools. The content of this workshop is research-based and ready to be implemented into schools today!
- Learners will define data and determine best practices for data collection that can positively affect student outcomes.
- Learners will explore relevant research about using data-driven instruction to inform classroom practices and to meet the academic needs of their students.
- Learners will analyze current data collection practices in their schools and/or districts and determine both strengths and areas for growth.
- Learners will determine how collaboration with various stakeholders can strengthen data collection practices in their schools and/or districts.
- Learners will utilize best practices for data-driven instruction to create a sustainable plan for data collection in their schools and/or districts.
- Learners will design a model instructional plan based on student data that will improve student outcomes.
Dr. Kristie Ennis
Dr. Ennis is a Strobel Education consultant, a nationally board-certified teacher (ELA/YA), and a college English instructor. She earned her undergraduate and first Master's degree from the University of Louisville, her second Master’s degree from Western Kentucky University, and is currently a doctoral candidate at Murray State University. A public school teacher for eight years before leaving the classroom to coach high school ELA teachers at the district level, Kristie is an intuitive and engaging presenter. She’s well-versed on various topics—including data-driven decision making, standards-based grading, genius hour, and growth mindset—and her ability to read a room helps her make magic during her teacher training.
- Ticket type
Support Staff Professionals
This ticket price is for support staff professionals only - that is non-licensed personnel like teacher aides, and non-licensed employees in educational support roles. Employment status will be verified after purchase.Price$20.00
+$0.50 service fee+$0.50 service fee
- Ticket type
This ticket price is for anyone that is a NASA member. ANYONE, including teachers and those in non-administrative positions can become a NASA Member and save on registration rates. It pays to become a NASA Member. Go to: NASANV.org to become a NASA Member immediately and register at the Lower Rate "NASA Member" rate! NASA membership will be verified after purchase.Price$40.00
+$1.00 service fee+$1.00 service fee
- Ticket type
This ticket price is for anyone that is a Non-NASA member and/or any individual that wishes to attend this workshop. ANYONE, including teachers and those in non-administrative positions can become a NASA Member and save on registration rates. It pays to become a NASA Member. Go to: NASANV.org to become a NASA Member immediately and register at the Lower Rate!Price$60.00
+$1.50 service fee+$1.50 service fee