Mon, Oct 25|
"Leaders Building Consensus: How Successful School Organizational Teams (SOT) Lead to Successful Schools"
This workshop is facilitated by Ramona Esparza, VP at The Leadership Institute of NV and Linda Jones, Advocacy & Representation /SOT Project Coordinator at the Clark County Ed. Assoc.. Participants will learn about the inception of the SOT, conflict resolution, and consensus resolution.
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2021, 4:30 PM PDT – Nov 03, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
ALL are welcome, including anyone in a non-administrative position!
NASA IS NOT A UNION. NASA is Nevada's PreK-12 Professional Development Organization for ALL Nevada Educators!
- EARN .5 CREDIT (THAT'S 7.5 HOURS TOWARD LICENSE RENEWAL
- In CCSD, those in non-administrative licensed positions may count this workshop for license renewal AND ALSO 2.5 CUs - THOSE IN NON-ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS EARN BOTH (unlimited CUs in this category for those in non-administrative positions)!
- In CCSD, administrators and professional-technical administrators may count this workshop for license renewal OR 2.5 hours toward step-advancement - not both for administrators (maximum of 30 hours per advancement cycle for administrators in this category)!
- Washoe County participants will be required to also register for this course in "MyPGS" in order to receive in-service credit toward salary advancement.
Ms. Jones will be presenting on the history of the SOT from its inception up until this point. She will discuss the SOT elections, how each group has representation on the SOT.
Mrs. Esparza's Description and Outcomes:
How do leaders find common ground in these polarized times? Building your School Organizational Team (SOT) as collaborative “student-centered” partners in order to create and maintain a positive school climate and culture is essential to improving student outcomes and achievement. This two-part series is designed to provide individuals and school teams with the understanding of how best to find common ground, foster respectful relationships, and utilize resources to improve systems and processes in schools from team-building, budget management, to “student-centered” site-based decision making . Attendees will learn how to create positive school climates, understand relevant educational research, how to address adverse school-based problems to optimize the SOTs roles and responsibilities to improve their school.
NASA attendees will work collaboratively to question:
• As a leader, how may I facilitate SOT meetings that function collaboratively and build consensus to improve our school?
• As a leader, how do I engage and empower SOT members to be solution-oriented and allies to improve our school?
• As a leader, how do I resolve conflicts that impede the school improvement process?
• As a leader, how do I engage community members and best use resources to improve our school?
Register Now To:
- Establish norms of behavior for SOT representatives during monthly meetings.
- Understanding SOT members’ roles and responsibility to represent their respective group.
- Establishing system of operations during SOT meetings to ensure focus on “student-based” site-based decision making.
- Empower leaders at every level to take ownership, collaborate, and action-oriented in improving the school.
- Ticket type
Support Staff Professionals
This ticket price is for support staff professionals only - that is non-licensed personnel like teacher aides, and non-licensed employees in educational support roles. Employment status will be verified after purchase.Price$20.00
+$0.50 service fee+$0.50 service fee
- Ticket type
This ticket price is for anyone that is a NASA member. ANYONE, including teachers and those in non-administrative positions can become a NASA Member and save on registration rates. It pays to become a NASA Member. Go to: NASANV.org to become a NASA Member immediately and register at the Lower Rate "NASA Member" rate! NASA membership will be verified after purchase.Price$40.00
+$1.00 service fee+$1.00 service fee
- Ticket type
TThis ticket price is for anyone that is a Non-NASA member and/or any individual that wishes to attend this workshop. ANYONE, including teachers and those in non-administrative positions can become a NASA Member and save on registration rates. It pays to become a NASA Member. Go to: NASANV.org to become a NASA Member immediately and register at the Lower Rate!Price$60.00
+$1.50 service fee+$1.50 service fee